Sunday, March 13, 2011

Signed the Counter

Today we signed the counter from the owners of the split-level brick ranch I have named Mesa View Manor.  We also took the boys to view the house.  Taking a second look at the property I noticed a number of projects I am going to need to tackle to get the place in order.  Tonight I have been trying to come up with names for our new property.  Eric came up with the name Mesa View Manor (which I think is perfect).  So that will be the name of our new home and a future new blog, but that is if everything goes well with the home inspection on Wednesday.  I will keep you posted on that.

I still lament not being able to snag the White Cottage.  However, our realtor was very happy we chose to buy Mesa View Manor.  The White Cottage is across the street from the high school where there is more traffic.  Although the neighborhood is quaint, it is not always quiet.  Mesa View Manor is tucked up against South Table Mountain Park on a quiet street away from the main drag.  All we have to do is go out the back door and across a little wooden bridge and we can walk in the park.  Our realtor is confident that our property will hold its value and with improvements only increase.  I wonder what the Lord has planned for our future with this house.  Right now I envision having our Bible study group over.

Even with all this blessing, I need prayer.  After viewing Mesa View Manor the first time I encouraged Mark to make an offer.  He did not hesitate as he has in the past.  He really likes the property, but I am having second thoughts.  Same emotions as when I came to Denver to live and then did not want to move into House on the Hill.  I have made House on the Hill a home for all of us and it has been a blessing to live here.  The Lord picked a good home for us with House on the Hill.  I hope that Mesa View Manor will be just as comforting if not more.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed; for I am your God.  I will strengthen you: yes, I will help you." ~Isaiah 41:10

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another House Another Offer


Well, on Friday we went to look at the above house.  The appealing aspect of this house is that it backs up to open space so there are no neighbors on the back side of the house.  Pictured below is the sunroom looking out at the backyard and beyond.

The house is a little bit quirky and does not have the quaint charm of the White Cottage, but it is in a better location.  The views from the house are great.  After looking at it just once we decided to make an offer.  Our realtor is glad we are doing so because he thinks this house is a winner.  We will not hear back from the owners till Sunday or Monday since they are out of town.  We are hopeful these sellers will be more willing to make a deal.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Mixed Emotions - Daisy Came Home!!! But Tsunami - Oh my!!

Thanks to those of you who prayed!!  I was so upset last night.  And was even more upset when the wind began to blow.  Strong gusts whipped around the house and I worried even more knowing she was out there.  I also worried that coyotes or foxes might get her since we live across the street from open land..  Had to take something to help me go to sleep.  In the morning my men woke me with excitement telling me that Daisy was home and they put her on my bed.  Mark said she showed up at the back door in time for her morning meal.  I am so thankful!!

However, it is not good news to hear of the earthquake & tsunami that has hit Japan.  I have a dear Aunt & Uncle that live in Yokohama.  And my blog friend Sue and her husband Tono and their delightful children live in Japan also.  Please visit Sue at her blog Living & Learning to learn more about the big earthquake.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Sadness - Daisy is lost

Early in the morning I dropped Daisy off at the vet to be spayed.  I picked her up in the evening.  She was awake, but a tad groggy.  She would not be still once home.  She ate some food and then went right to licking her incision.  The vet told me she may need a cone, so I left her with my two sons and went to the pet store to get her one.  When I came home my sons were doing what they do.  I asked where Daisy was and they did not know.  When I went into the kitchen I saw that the back door was cracked and I knew right then and there she had gotten out.

Thankfully, our other kitty Dusty did not follow Daisy.  We found her sleeping under a bed.  We called and searched for Daisy all evening, even talked to neighbors, all to no avail.  It is now 9:30 at night and still no Daisy.  We are beside ourselves with sadness.  Living right across from the open space we know the situation is not good for Daisy.  Coyotes lurk about.  All we can do is hope and pray.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Lord Shut the Door

This morning I asked the Lord to make my desires line up with His.  Then tonight we finally received the counter on our offer for the White Cottage.  All we can figure from the counter is that the owner is not very motivated in selling his property right now.  So the Lord closed the door.  I was hopeful and had dreams.  I feel some disappointment, but I also feel peace, I am not devastated.  I know the Lord has a plan and I must trust that it is all good.  So our journey in finding a house continues.  Stay tuned. 

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Frustrated - But Waiting

Well, our agent presented our offer for the White Cottage.  The owner was not real impressed.  He asked for time to present the contract to his lawyer and he would answer on Monday.  Well, Monday came and he said he would answer on Tuesday.  Well, here it is Tuesday and we still have no counter or answer.  So thinking maybe it is time to move on.  Of course, we can wait too, after all the Lord is in control.

My heart says to be patient, to wait.  I know people are praying for us.  The Lord brought two verses to my attention on Monday.

Greed causes fighting; trusting God leads to prosperity.  Proverbs 28:25

Fear of man is a dangerous trap, but to trust God means safety.  Proverbs 29:25

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dream House - Update

Well, it took us most of the week to get things figured out as far as flood insurance goes.  We did a lot phone calling for information and figures.  Needed to see how much it was going to cost, what our payments would be, etc.  In the process we learned more about the house.  Tomorrow we are going to be writing up an offer and our agent will present it.  I am nervous, but trying to leave it in God's hands.  Stay tuned for the outcome! ;)

P.S.  Please visit my Hopes & Dreams blog for some encouragement.