Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Celestial Seasons Tour

Well, today we took a family day trip up to Boulder to take the tea tour at Celestial Seasons.  The moment I arrived I was excited.  The plant is in a beautiful location and as we walked up to the front of the building we could smell the wonderful aroma of herbs & spices.  We signed up to take the tour and for tickets they give each person a sample packet of tea.  The tours run every 15 minutes and each tour group is given a different pack of tea.  Our tour group got packets of Sleepy Time tea.  We were also given a small cup with which to sample different teas they had set out in the lobby.  I was in heaven!

Here I am with my "tea" ticket and my cup to sample tea.

On the tour we saw huge bins full of herbs, spices and teas.  All of those bins last at most 4 months, after that they are refilled.  We got to go in the tea room and learned about black tea, green tea & white tea.  Green tea has the least amount of caffeine, black tea has the most and white tea is in the middle.  Green tea has the least because the leaves are steamed.  Black tea has the most caffeine because the leaves are dried.  Then we went on to the "mint room".  As soon as our tour guide opened the door we were all hit with the aroma of mint.  It was so strong that it cleared our sinuses and made our eyes burn.  It was fun though.  After our tour we then went and had lunch at the Celestial Seasons Cafe.  The food was reasonably priced and very tasty.

The walls of the cafe are painted with artwork from their boxes of tea.

Here I am outside the Tea Shop.  There were so many pretty things and every kind of tea.  I picked my favorite Mandarin Orange Spice and trying a new one Sweet Apple Chamomile.

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

looks like a lot of fun!! i would LOVE That!!

Sue said...

Ooooh, that looks fun! We can get Celestial Seasonings way over here in Japan - at the import shop. Mandarin Orange Spice was always my favorite, but they haven't had it for the past few years for some reason. I also love their Apple Cinnamon Spice.