Thursday, April 21, 2011

Moving Forward

Last week was hard with our son, but the Lord was with us.  This week is going better so far.  My son decided that he does not like the medication.  So we have an appointment with his psychiatrist today.  Thank you all so much for your kind comments, support and prayers.  I am so thankful for each of you!

Now there is another thing to pray about.  A few weeks back my counselor said something to me about getting surgery for my tummy and taking care of myself physically.  To be honest I have been running away from taking care of myself.  I have always had excuses not to obey.  I want to find a house, my son needs me, etc.  One day after being fed up with all the pain, I called to set up a phone appointment with my doctor in California.  I was determined to let him know I want to have surgery.  Well, when the day came I was having second thoughts.

The morning before my phone appointment I was with a girlfriend.  We were busy doing crafts for the women's retreat.  Well, I brought up the subject of having surgery and my second thoughts.  The words that came out of her mouth were straight from the Lord.  Because of what she said I nervously told my doctor that I want to move forward and have surgery. So the wheels are now set in motion.

The next day I visited with my friend.  I told her that I am going to have surgery.  She said that she had to pray about what she said to me.  She said that she does not usually say things of that nature to friends.  I assured her it was the Lord because it was exactly what I needed to hear.  This morning I spoke to my counselor who knows my friend and she even said that she does not usually say such things.  It is so amazing how the Lord can use people in our lives to help us go the right direction.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Take care sweet little friend!
Praying all is whole ( nothing broken ...nothing missing)with you and your family. Have a blessed Easter!

sherry said...

(((((* gentle embrace *)))))

. . . and praying.