Saturday, April 2, 2011

Prayers Needed Please

We had a wonderful trip to California.  It was spring there.  The air was moist, everything was green and the flowers were blooming.  My body relaxed when I slipped into bed.  In the morning I heard the birds chirping and then the soft sound of rain falling.  Peace flooded my parched soul.  It felt so good to be back.

One evening Mark and I drove down to the beach.  The sight, smell and sound of  my beloved Pacific ocean was heaven.  We sat on a bench overlooking the sand and watched the sun slowly sink down out of sight in a blaze of glory.  Then we drove to my favorite Italian restaurant where I was to receive a free entree for my birthday.  We had a delicious time.  We visited with family and friends.  It was wonderful to touch base with everyone and see God's work in their lives.

Our last day in California we made a point of spending time as a family, just the four of us.  We drove down to the beach.  It was a gorgeous clear day.  We had lunch and walked on the pier.  Everything was happy, but it wasn't for my son Brandon.  He had a gloomy attitude.

Upon our arrival home, problems arose.  Brandon called up his best friend and then left the house.  He came back the next day and was in and out all day.  In the evening we were having dinner together when things went sour.  My son has left home.  He won't speak to us.  Our counselor and pastor are helping us.  Friends are praying.  There will be a family meeting tomorrow with our counselor and pastor.  I ask for your prayers and humbly thank you.  

5 comments:

Rae said...

First , let me say I'm so glad you had a good time in California! Just think of how sweet it will be when we are able to be really "Home" with our Lord! We will never have to leave that place of home...ever.
Second...I'm praying for your son Brandon, you and family.
My son left home like that also, he is now serving The Lord on the Worship team at his church.
Your guy will return...in the meantime, we will pray!!
Love you dear, be of good cheer,
The Lord cares for your son and loves him so!

Seawashed said...

I will be praying. I do know what you are going through because my oldest Luke ran away from home just before graduating H.S and his 17th birthday. He was gone all summer. It was a heartwrenching time. But he did return...first to the Lord and then to us. I can also understand his pain...he is wanting to be home in California. Are there any relatives he could go live with in California?

Deborah said...

Hi Becky...
Praying now for Brandon..xo

Deborah xo

sherry said...

praying for your son's heart.
simply put - this is a battle being fought in the heavens, dear one.
remain in the Word, praise Him in the storm - rest in the knowledge that He has this in hand - in His capable hands. rest.

love,
jAne

Seawashed said...

Have you visited this blog: houseofbelonging.com ? I think it may encourage you.