Monday, August 30, 2010

Incredible Bargain Despite Broken Windshield

See the birdhouse in the picture?  Well, you won't believe how much I paid for it.  Go ahead, take a guess?  Would you believe that I got this treasure for 1 cent?  Yes...that's right...a PENNY!!!  I could not believe it myself...it was no mistake.  It was the last one of its collection...no doubt I walked out of the store with a smile on my face thanking the Lord for blessing me.

Unfortunately, my hubby did not fare as well as I.  He decided to take Brandon tubing at the creek as payment for mowing our lawn.  As they were driving along past a baseball diamond to the parking lot  near the creek you might be able to guess what happened.  Yep, a baseball came out of no where and hit the windshield of his truck.  Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.  Mark got a few cuts on his arm is all.  He went over to where the group of kids and parents were and no one would take responsibility for the damage.  The group actually had the nerve to tell Mark that it was his fault for driving by when they were playing baseball.  Mark was pretty frustrated with their attitudes so he called the police.  Once the police came someone finally stepped forward and took responsibility for the damage.

2 comments:

Seawashed said...

Its sad that we have to call the police for everything nowadays. Sad that people are not being 'good neighbors' to one another. We had someone crash into our truck in a Target parking lot damaging it, but no note was left. We cannot afford to fix it...we have to pay the first $5oo with our insurance, so it the damage will remain. At least our truck is old. I hope your windshield gets fixed.

Becky said...

Yes, I agree Fairmaiden, it is sad that people are not being good neighbors. Thankfully, someone did come forward and our windshield is being paid for.