Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Time Blues and Back To School...Boo-Hoo?

Okay, my boys have the summer time blues because it is back to school, but I have been sporting a little smile on my face.  The last few weeks of summer the boys spent time working on a couple of motor scooters and riding them.  Oh what fun they had doing that!  Last Friday they had some friends over to the house for awhile and then they all went downtown for the Friday night music and movie in the park.  Today was their first day of classes and so far they are pretty happy with their schedules.

This year I will be spending time with my oldest son, Eric.  He goes to the technical school for 3 hours 5 days a week.  I pick him up, we have lunch and then he goes down to the high school to take two classes.  My younger son is at the high school all day.  We have befriended one of the vice principals at the high school.  He knows both boys through Boy Scouts and he has agreed to keep an eye on our boys at the school, praise the Lord!

As for myself, I have been enjoying summer evening walks, the antics of a playful white kitten and a new restaurant that makes delightful empanadas and fried plantain.  My tummy is still doing its stuff (ugh).  Scheduling surgery is on the agenda and my head spins to think of it.  We are continuing with family counseling which is going well.  We have good days and bad days, but we are moving forward and learning a great deal about one another.

3 comments:

sherry said...

I can see that little smile - and I'm smiling for you, dear friend.

All in God's time, he brings people to touch our lives and keep an eye on things, begins to change hearts and work through sorry situations. All glory to Him for the work He is doing and has done and will do.

(((hug)))

Sharon said...

It sounds like the counseling is helping and that is good. God is providing for you in many ways including the V.P. at the school. I'm so sorry you are going to have to go through surgery again. Please be sure to let me know so I can pray for you!

outdoor.mom said...

i do say BOO HOO!! i'm not ready for summer to end!! Lovely wildlife photos :-) Also cute pic of you and kitty.