Sunday, August 15, 2010

Visitors

The past few days we have been enjoying visiting with my in-laws.  Yesterday we drove up to Rocky Mountain National Park.  It was a gorgeous day and we were blessed to come upon a herd of elk.




Even with all this beauty I so long for home especially since I am going through so many trials.  The trials with our sons continue as well as the trials with my tummy.  In September I will be talking to my endo doctor and scheduling a date for surgery.  Here below is a little piece I came across that spoke to my heart.

When Home Is More Than a Zip Code - by Lisa-Jo for (In)Courage

I've lived on three different continents in the last ten years. And I'm learning that home is much more than four walls and a familiar neighborhood. Home is the God who understands each of the unique languages, thoughts, hopes and dreams of our individual hearts. Nothing can separate us from His love. Not time zones or cultures or the things we wish we could change about ourselves.
Christ is the bridge.
He brings us back into the deep heart of God. No matter where we're coming from. Out of emptiness or loss or disaster, Christ brings us back to His Father. The only real home we can always count on.
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20
May you find welcome and home in Him.

1 comment:

sherry said...

such majesty in nature. wow.
so thankful you're enjoying a visit with family. i pray it softens the stress in your day(s).

blessings,
jAne