Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wishing my dear blog friends
a Valentine's Day filled with love.

In my last post I mentioned that I felt a need to purge some of my belongings.  Sometimes what we think we need to do externally the Lord is intending for internal.  That is what my weekend was about an internal purging.  There is so much that He is teaching me right now, but I need time to walk in it and digest it.

Part of this cleansing involves fears I have held on to for many years.  Fears of being rejected.  Fear of being unloved.  Fear that His grace does not extend to me.  I've been feeling worthless, down in the pits.  Condemnation has been making its presence known.  But yesterday in church I was treated to a Valentine from the Lord.  My men were camping and I went alone to church.  I arrived late, but my pastor greeted me at the door.  He found me a place to sit, right next to my counselor.

We worshiped and I had business to take care of.  Tears streamed down my face at one point.  Toward the end of the service I heard Him speak to me.  You know how He speaks to our hearts?  That still, small voice and it asked me "Why don't you think my grace extends to you?"  When the service ended, my counselor turned to me and hugged me in a very tight squeeze.  It was like the Lord was hugging me and He told me He sees me and He knows who I am and He still loves me.

Recently, I was reading one of Corrie Ten Boom's books and came across something she said that really speaks to me.  I hope it speaks to you as well.

"Happiness is not found in marriage; or work; or ministry; or children.  Happiness is found by being secure in Jesus.  ~Corrie Ten Boom 

2 comments:

Rae said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
I love the verse from Corrie Ten Boom: Happiness is found by being secure in Jesus.
That is so true.
love you friend...have a wonderful day.

Becky said...

Thank you dear Rayanne.