Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thorn in the Flesh

Well, my thorn in the flesh is my tummy pain.  Its been two years since I had my colostomy reversed and that is how long I have been living with this pain.  Right now it is so painful I am going to be skipping meals again.  Since I had a two month period where I was pretty much pain free, I was able to gain about 3 lbs.  Thinking about it, this time last year I weighed 99 lbs.  This year I weigh 102.  It's not a huge gain, but some gain is better than no gain.  Every time this pain rears its ugly head I start thinking of my options which are:  1) live with it OR 2) surgery.  Neither one of them is appealing to me.  Your prayers are much appreciated.

4 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

i will be praying for you :-) chronic pain is very taxing on a person. Maybe its time to start thinking about surgery again. I don't know, only God knows. I'm fasting for the next week over my own troubles. I will pray hard for you too :-) I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

Rae said...

Sweet friend....
I'm praying for you.
I'm so sorry you are having such pain. Looking and waiting on Jesus to touch you ,dear heart.
His healing balm applied to the top of your head to the bottom of your toes...all over. He won't leave anything out.

Becky said...

Thank you so much sweet friends! I will keep you both tucked in my prayers.

Sue said...

Oh, dear Becky, I am so sorry! I know that it can be difficult to voice that kind of thing, because it really is hard for anyone who hasn't experienced chronic pain to understand. I will be praying that God will show you the very best option, and that you will have relief soon. (((hugs)))