Friday, February 11, 2011

Tired and Thoughtful

Life has been so busy and I feel so tired.  Ever since the boys started their new school, our schedule seems to be all over the place.  Also, I still battle with tummy pain.  There are periods where the pain subsides.  I enjoyed a good break that seemed to last about two months.  Mark and I were thinking maybe I had been healed, but then around Christmas the pain came back and continues to nag me.  I am still not ready to submit to surgery and I really would like to have a house of our own before moving forward.

This month I am hostess for our Bible Study group.  Everyone enjoyed the view from House on the Hill.  We had a lovely time of fellowship.  Tomorrow my men leave for a weekend of snow camping with the Boy Scouts.  I will be enjoying some quiet time which I very much need. 

I have been reading a bit about the minimal lifestyle.  Aspects of this lifestyle are appealing and inspire me.  With our move to Colorado we had to pare down our stuff, but recently I have felt a need to pursue that even further.  I started to go through my things this week, but need to dig deeper.  I feel there is something inside that needs to let go and be free.  This weekend alone will give me a chance to work on it.  This scripture verse also inspires me:

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4: 11b - 13, NIV

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

good verse! i needed it :-)

Becky said...

Glad it helped.