Sunday, March 13, 2011

Signed the Counter

Today we signed the counter from the owners of the split-level brick ranch I have named Mesa View Manor.  We also took the boys to view the house.  Taking a second look at the property I noticed a number of projects I am going to need to tackle to get the place in order.  Tonight I have been trying to come up with names for our new property.  Eric came up with the name Mesa View Manor (which I think is perfect).  So that will be the name of our new home and a future new blog, but that is if everything goes well with the home inspection on Wednesday.  I will keep you posted on that.

I still lament not being able to snag the White Cottage.  However, our realtor was very happy we chose to buy Mesa View Manor.  The White Cottage is across the street from the high school where there is more traffic.  Although the neighborhood is quaint, it is not always quiet.  Mesa View Manor is tucked up against South Table Mountain Park on a quiet street away from the main drag.  All we have to do is go out the back door and across a little wooden bridge and we can walk in the park.  Our realtor is confident that our property will hold its value and with improvements only increase.  I wonder what the Lord has planned for our future with this house.  Right now I envision having our Bible study group over.

Even with all this blessing, I need prayer.  After viewing Mesa View Manor the first time I encouraged Mark to make an offer.  He did not hesitate as he has in the past.  He really likes the property, but I am having second thoughts.  Same emotions as when I came to Denver to live and then did not want to move into House on the Hill.  I have made House on the Hill a home for all of us and it has been a blessing to live here.  The Lord picked a good home for us with House on the Hill.  I hope that Mesa View Manor will be just as comforting if not more.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed; for I am your God.  I will strengthen you: yes, I will help you." ~Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying, Becky! I know I say this all the time, but it seems so "big" to me - I cannot imagine living in a place of such natural beauty. To have that view out my back window - sigh; it is beyond lovely. I hope that Mesa View Manor will be the place of many wonderful memories. Also - I love the way you name your homes!
Susan

Sharon said...

How exciting for you Becky!!! The house has an amazing view!!! I also like the name Eric picked out for it!