Sunday, June 5, 2011

Evening Walk in Golden

It has been quite sometime since I last posted.  Life has been very busy, but has slowed down a bit since the boys are on summer vacation.  It has taken me some time unwind and heal from all that I have been through with my youngest son.  He is doing better, but there are still things to wade through on a daily basis.  I am thankful that for now the Lord has blessed us with some calmness.

All the rain that we had brought spring.  It is green!  Mark and I like to take evening walks and I brought my camera one evening and took pictures.  I hope you enjoy the evening stroll through Golden.  Sorry that the pictures are dark, but it was evening.  ;-)

Some pretty purple flowers growing in a neighbor's flowerbed.

Spring lilacs blooming.  They smell so heavenly.

Big red poppies grow wild here in Golden.

I do not know what this flowering bush is called, but it is stunning.


Here is one of my favorite cottages in Golden.  I reminds me of the beach.

Here is a small yellow cottage.  Behind it is open space.  In fact all the cottage back to open space.

At this cottage the owner has beautiful flowers growing in the big glass window.

The owner of this little cottage just planted spring flowers in the newly finished planters.

And this cottage I love for the wonderful patio it has with a water fountain.

2 comments:

Rae said...

I Love that place. I went inside one of those cottages years ago. My friend who used to live there wanted me and my family to move to Golden, and we looked at one that was for sale. Of course we never moved, hubby's job was here in Texas...but I do love Golden...so pretty.
Pretty pictures dear heart!

Seawashed said...

The cottages in Golden are so sweet. It does look like a lovely community to live in.