Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Desire for a Home

 I have been hesitant to share about our continued search for a house (home).  We did go look at the White Cottage again.  After our visit we found out that the owner of the property was waffling again.  We found another property we liked, so we made an offer, but the door closed.  We decided that both properties were just too much money for us.  There is another property that is affordable for us, but it needs work.  We are undecided if it is something we want to take on.  Right now we don't feel any peace about it.  So it is best not to move forward.  All we can do is continue to wait for the Lord.  Below is a little piece from an article I found on-line about waiting on the Lord.  I hope you enjoy it.

Taken from a message called Waiting on God to Act by David Wilkerson

"Every true follower of Christ has said in his or her heart, "I only want to do the Lord's perfect will." Yet here is exactly where so many of us miss it! We start to desire something that looks good, that sounds logical, that seems perfectly in line with what we think God has for us — but it isn't his will for us. This is one of the biggest traps Christians face: a good idea that is not from God's mind.

The most important question we can ask ourselves regarding such things is: "Can my desire survive the cross?" You may pray to see your desire come to pass and even enlist faithful others to intercede for it. Yet are you willing to lay down that desire or plan at the foot of the cross and walk away from it? Can you die to it? When God's plan is revealed, you will have peace. God's ways bring peace and rest.

Let me ask you: Are you willing to say to the Lord, "Maybe it isn't the devil who's stopping me in my pursuit of this. Maybe it's you, Lord. I know that if this is not your will it could hurt me. At the very least, it will derail me from your perfect will and plan for my steps. I desire only your will and your way for my life.""

2 comments:

lila Braga said...

I tend to look at every bad situation as a stepping stone that God has put in my life to teach me patience and trust...The devil is already to busy to be held responsible for my misfortunes...Sometimes misfortunes are just an opening to good fortune if you are willing to trust on Gods plans and wait.
hugs
lila

Becky said...

Welcome Lila and thank you for posting. You are so right, trials are stepping stones. My pastor spoke of that this morning at service. I am positive the Lord is speaking to me on this subject. Again thank you for sharing it means so much.