Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Haven't Been Myself

This Christmas I am homesick.  I am not my usual holiday self.  My mind is flooded with memories of Christmas at The Little Blue Cottage.  Sometimes tears come to my eyes and roll down my cheek.  I miss the comforts of The Little Blue Cottage.

Hearing about the buckets of rain that California has been receiving makes me feel like I am missing out.  I love the rain in California!  Here in Colorado it has been very dry.  There has been very little snowfall in the Denver area.  This is not a typical winter for Colorado, even so, we are enjoying the lack of snow because it reminds us of California.  However, there is no lack of static from the dry air.  I loathe my fine hair sticking to my forehead. I can't even pet my kitties without either of us getting shocked.  We have to run a humidifier to get relief. 

Sometimes I find myself asking "Why am I here?"  I guess that is not a good question to ask because it doesn't really matter...I am here.  It is normal and natural to lament for the familiar, but then I think on the children of Israel and how they wanted to go back to Egypt.  The Lord had something better for them up ahead they just had to believe, but they doubted.  Abraham left his hometown, he believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.  Trusting, moving forward, believing these are all powerful tools in faith.  As 2010 comes to a close and we move ever closer to our 1 year anniversary here in Colorado, I have every reason to believe that He has something wonderful for us up ahead.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

sherry said...

beautifully worded, dear friend.
the scripture chosen brings a better understanding to an already challenging situation. i think of joseph when he took mary and baby Jesus to egypt - escaping harm. two years this little family remained in egypt. i believe their hearts were strengthened and spiritual understanding further developed so they could take the next step in God's will for their lives - and the life of Jesus.

love,
jAne

Rae said...

Thanks Becky for stopping by, and the kind words. I was tested for just about everything and all showed up normal. The reason they have marked me with Fibro is because of the pain that I have in parts of my body. I am getting better because the doctors they me a medicine to calm down the nerve endings, as they say this is what fibro attacks...the central nervous system.
I do have a promise from The Lord that I will be healed!I'm waiting.
As yourself, I too am going through a time where I do not feel myself. I loved being a mother and family is so important to me. Now, I don't get to see any of them sometimes for over a year...this is a dry place to be. I know as you do that our Lord has us where he wants us now. I will be praying for you, dear friend.
I forgot if I told you I reopened my prayer blog. I'm sorry if it caused any problems, I just kinda weirded out.
Love you Becky, have a peaceful Christmas, and kiss all your kids!

Chaos Cottage said...

This is my favorite bible verse. I have read it often during the past two years of my husband's unemployment. I know the Lord has something wonderful planned for us too. Hoping and praying a job is in our future in 2011.

Pam

outdoor.mom said...

start some NEW traditions - ones your boys will love and remember their first time there :-) You can do it!! This is your chance to start something special to carry on through the years. The boys will say "i remember our first year in CO my mom did......" and they will smile with a special memory :0)

Becky said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.
jAne, your wise words are such a blessing. Rayanne I will remember you in my prayers as well. Pam, I will continue to pray that your hubby gets a job. Outdoor Mom, we are maintaining some of our old traditions as well as making new ones. Thanks for your encouragement. May the Lord bless each of you in 2011. ((hugs))