Friday, December 17, 2010

Oh Where, Oh Where Have I Been?

Hello, is anyone there?  It has been so long since I lasted posted no wonder I am hearing crickets.  We just recently celebrated Eric's 17th birthday.  I cannot believe the little boy I received into my home when he was 2 years old is now 17!

 My little Eric celebrating a birthday at The Little Blue Cottage.

The past two days we have gotten a bit of snow, thus the new header picture.  I have been busy with Christmas cards and shopping.  Plans for the boys' birthdays and a few days of not feeling well thrown in as well.  I made my famous Christmas peppermint bark which was quite an accomplishment..  I have continued to keep an eye out for a home.  Recently many short sales hit the market, however, we have decided that we do not want to go that route (if we can help it).  Many homes have come and gone and here we are stilling waiting to find our home.  I never thought finding our first home here in Colorado would go the way it has gone.  Even so, we keep plodding down the path.

As I said before, I've had some times of not feeling well.  Unfortunately, it seems that part of this time of year involves illness. A flu bug is going around and I finally caught it.  I had to cancel an appointment and Mark came home from work to take care of me.  Spent all day in bed and slept despite a road crew in front of the house putting in a new water line.  Also, memories of all our Christmases at The Little Blue Cottage have been coming to mind.  My mom wants me to come home for Christmas, but Mark is saving up for us to go to California to celebrate my 50th birthday in the spring.  So we will stay here and enjoy our first Christmas in Colorado at House on the Hill. 

4 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Hey Becky. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know you will be counting down the days to your CA trip. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Pam

Rae said...

praying you feel much better real soon!

outdoor.mom said...

i hope you are feeling better soon!! happy birthday to him :-)

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to Eric! They sure grow up fast, don't they? I hope you are feeling much better and that you all have a very blessed Christmas this year in Colorado!