Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow!

Finally some substantial snowfall has arrived.  It began slowly around 8 a.m. and by 10 a.m. it was sticking and everything was blanketed with white.  Mark and I ventured out to do some shopping and then Mark took me out to lunch.  The boys called us to let us know that we were not going to be able to make it up the hill.  They were right, we only made it part way up and had to park and walk the rest the way up.

I can say that this year I am more used to the snow and the cold.  I enjoyed the soft powder-like snow beneath my feet as I walked in it.  I enjoyed the quiet and beauty it brings.  Now ice, well, I am not a big fan of ice as it brings too much danger for my taste.  Slipping and sliding about is not my cup of tea.  Here below are pictures of Daisy kitty's first snow.

Brandon took this picture of Daisy on the deck in the morning when the snow first started actually blanketing.

Here Daisy decided to taste the snow. 

This was taken in the afternoon when the snow was deeper.  Daisy watches the flakes coming down.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I do hope we get at least one good snow this year. We wanted to go up to our cabin after Christmas, but we all got a stomach virus. I'm not sure if we'll get up there now that New Years is already here, and if not we will just have to pray hard for some snow down here!

It seems that this Christmas was hard for you, dear Becky. I will pray that this year brings much less homesickness and many blessings in your new home!

outdoor.mom said...

beautiful snow pics!! enjoy your tea :-) Happy New Year!

Becky said...

Happy New Year Outdoor Mom and Sue. Thanks for your prayers. ((hugs))