Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Year - Longing, Awe & Thankfulness

Well, our new year has started out with change.  It seems that our family has become very sensitive to change since moving from California to Colorado.  As the saying goes "One thing we can count on in our lives is CHANGE."  Okay, so what change have we experienced lately?  Well, both boys are going to a new high school this semester.  Right now it is a bit of a challenge working out a schedule.  Even though the boys are going to the same high school they don't go at the same time.  Drop off times and pick up times are different.  We decided on this new high school because the regular public high school was just not working for either boy.  This new high school has more structure, a closed campus and so far seems to be a perfect fit for their ADHD issues.  We are blessed that they were both accepted.

You may ask, what other change has come about?  Well, nothing yet.  We are still on the prowl for a house to buy.  Our landlord is kind, but can be neglectful in some respects.  We really would like to have our own place, so we keep looking.  However, I must admit that sometimes I don't even know why we are looking, because right now the market is slow.  However, we are considering a house that we found recently.  The boys went with us to look at the house and they love it.  We also looked at two other homes the same day and the boys did not like either of those houses.  The boys really want us to buy this house, but Mark and I are dragging our feet.  One reason is that the house is near a highway (but remarkably the noise from it is very low) and the other reason is that it makes living here in Colorado a more permanent deal.

Yes, all of us still miss California, but then too, the Lord has opened up so many wonderful opportunities for us here, ones that would not be available to us in California.  I do not quite know how to word what I am thinking in my head.  I am thinking about life and all the opportunities that come our way.  How do those opportunities wind up in our lap?  I choose to see it as God's hand.  The Lord chose for me to come to Colorado to live where I am living and meet the people I have met.  I knew nothing of what I now know. He led me here, He chose certain people to bless our family and each of us individually.  When you start thinking about it, well it is just plain awesome!

As I try to wrap up this post, I am thinking of all of my readers.  Some of you are regulars here and I am so thankful for the blessing that you have been to me.  Kind words are like honey, they bring sweetness and health.  Your kind comments have done that for me.  What a blessing each of you have been.  Remember after the Lord's resurrection he spoke to Peter and asked him if he loved him?  Peter responded that he did love Him.  Jesus responded "Feed my sheep."  Showing our Lord that we love Him means that we in turn love others.  I am so grateful that you love Him.

3 comments:

Rae said...

thanks for the update...I was blessed by your last chapter, I am grateful to have you as a sister in Christ and friend.
love you lots,
Rayanne

Seawashed said...

I have learned that I don't like change. I know a bit about where you are and you've got to remember that you are all still in transition. In transition we are weak and it's not the best time to make decisions. You cannot please everyone...especially teenagers! They change their minds constantly. So don't buy a home just because they want it. You and your hubby are the ones that are going to live in it longest and you are the ones buying it so make a decision that you both have peace about. That may be to wait for the prospect of moving back 'home' to Ca. I have learned from my own children through these teen years (two of mine have crossed over into young adulthood already) that they can toss you around...we need to remain grounded in Christ and not be tossed. It is what is best for them. They need us to be a refuge always. I hope this helps.

Becky said...

Thank you ladies for your sweet comments, I do so appreciate your kind words and words of wisdom.