Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow & Ice

Well, I decided to visit some of my bloggy friends tonight.  My friend Outdoor Mom at Yaak Adventures was talking about the tremendous load of snow and ice she has been dealing with in Montana.  That got me thinking about the last couple of snows we had here in Colorado.  I have sort of been in a blogging funk.  I have been entirely wrapped up in house hunting among other things.  Still wonderful and interesting things have been going on that I have not even shared.  So here I go with pictures of our snows.

My friend Kerrie at Sea Cottage likes to take pictures of her feet at the beach.  I thought of Kerrie when I took this picture of my feet in the snow.

Here is my youngest son, Brandon, shoveling the back deck.

Here is Mark brushing the snow off his truck.  The road was so icy, even after the snowplow had gone by, that he had to back the truck down the hill to a more level spot and turn around.  We finally got traction and were able to move forward.

This is my oldest son, Eric, throwing down salt to melt the ice on the driveway.  I couldn't get my car out of the garage because of all the ice.

This is the mesa covered in snow.  I am so blessed to live in such beauty.

A winter wonderland of snow.  All the colors of winter...white, blue, evergreen and brown.

A winter morning sunrise.


A winter sunset.

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

your snow pics are gorgeous!! Thank goodness the Sandman came and sanded our road - ptl!! otherwise i don't know how i'd have gotten out :-) chains probably!! Great post!! How are those boys doing?

Seawashed said...

If it snowed where I live I would take pics of my feet in the snow too! Thank you for thinking of me. Isn't the snow beautiful?!!! It is the one thing I miss about the mid-west.