Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This & That

I do not know where to begin.  I have not been feeling in tip-top shape.  Caught a cold-thingy awhile back and I am still struggling to shake it off.  My tummy has been bothering me, so not doing much eating.  That in turn caused a few precious pounds to come off.  I get so hungry, but when I start eating a lot it only causes pain. I am looking forward to surgery in some ways in hopes that I will be able to digest my food without pain.

We continue to look for a house.  Lately, houses have been flying off the market here in the Denver area.  If the house is in good condition it gets snatched up before I can even get a look at it.  We were thinking of putting an offer on a house, but between our agent going on vacation and making up our minds we lost out.  I've been pretty low about that, but when I shared what happened at Bible study someone spoke up and said "God did not want you to have that house."  That helped me relinquish to the Lord.  His plan is best.  I am trying to be content; at times I am, but I do miss my Little Blue Cottage.

Things with my son are still a challenge, but we are marching on.  Yesterday we had some precious family time.  The wind kicked up and caused our power to go out.  Since we live on a hill we get big gusts. Anyway, we were all home so we sat down and played a family game of Zilch.  Then we ordered pizza for dinner.  After that my men went to their scout meeting while I stayed home and did laundry.  I always do my clothes last.  Below is a picture of my clean laundry in a basket I have had for 15 years.  It is a special basket because it came with Brandon when I received him into my home.  Back then it was filled with his clothes and toys.


Here below is a picture of Daisy.  She is 1 year old this month!  I know in the beginning I did not want to keep her.  Thanks to something Kerrie at Sea Cottage said to me in a post I kept Daisy.  I am so blessed that I did because she is a very loving little kitty and a loyal companion.

Happy Birthday Daisy!

3 comments:

Seawashed said...

happy birthday Daisy. I am so glad you kept her. She is a beautiful kitty. My daughter wanted a white or gray one but its easy to love a kitten no matter the color. YOu are still homesick. I can hear that in your words. I think you could end up back home in California one day. Only God knows. Stay where you are until He leads you to move. When we lived in Kansas/Missouri we house hunted the entire 18 mos only to have every door closed. Then I ended up in the hospital and before I knew it we were back home in California.

Anonymous said...

Daisy is so sweet - happy birthday to her! It's amazing, in this economy, how fast houses sell there. You must live in a really desireable area. Praying that just the right house will become available for you, and that you'll feel better!

Anonymous said...

Daisy is so sweet - happy birthday to her! It's amazing, in this economy, how fast houses sell there. You must live in a really desireable area. Praying that just the right house will become available for you, and that you'll feel better!