Sunday, May 1, 2011

Retreat

I stayed at a lodge in the Rocky Mountains.  It began to snow as I arrived.  The next morning it was cold, but the sun was shining and the snow was glistening.  The tall majestic mountains dusted with snow against a clear blue sky was a perfect compliment to the retreat theme:  Holy, holy, holy is the Lord almighty, the whole earth is full of His glory. (Isaiah 6:3).

I arrived a very weary soul and left uplifted.  One of the coolest things we did was spend 2 hours being silent.  It was something the Lord told me ahead of time that I needed...stillness.  For me it was like drinking a cup of cold water on a hot day.  On top of that we had worship, teaching, small groups, encouragement, hugs, laughs and great food.  Spending time with my sisters in Christ was a gift from Him.  At the close, we shared as we felt led.  As this was going on, I was lamenting about leaving the retreat and going back to face life...part of that being surgery.  Doubts crept into my head...No, God did not really say I should do it.  No, I don't need to do it.  Then all of the sudden a woman stood up and talked about how the Lord had asked her to do something that she did not want to do.  She said that she finally gave in and was obedient.  She told us that what God wanted her to do was good and had blessed her so much.  So she encouraged us to be obedient too because He is good.  So again, the Lord met me and let me know He is listening, He knows, and with that He calmed my fears and doubts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great, uplifting time for you - I am so glad! I'll be praying for God to give you His wisdom as you go forward. I know you will make good decisions, Becky.

Rae said...

Good for you!! Retreat.
I've done the silence before the Lord. What a blessing.
So glad you had a good time AND ALL IS CALM!!