Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just Talking

Well, here I am blogging when I should be resting.  Is blogging considered a restful activity?  Yes, I need to rest  because I have been sick.  Ugh.  I caught a virus and even though I was sick, I did not slow down much.  Well, my body went into defiance.  Last weekend I developed a swollen gland.  Ouch!  I went to my doctor on Monday and unfortunately he did not think the swollen gland was any big deal.  Probably because I just look so good (Ha!).  He told me to go home and put a hot pack on it and take OTC pain reliever and wait "two weeks".  I just looked at him like "You are kidding!!!".  Well, the hot pack did not do much at all for the pain.  I gave it a couple of hours chance before I decided that it wasn't going to work.  I am talking bad pain here.  Not only was the pain constant and unrelenting it was sensitive to touch.  So laying down on a pillow was uncomfortable as well as putting a hot pack on it.  To top it off the lump was getting bigger.

Grouchy and feeling sickly, I crabbed about my doctor.  Yes, I've decided I need to find a new doctor, I don't feel I am getting my needs met by this doctor.  I could have gone to the urgent care clinic, but I did not feel like leaving the house again and on top of that paying $50 and waiting in the waiting room.  So, I decided to dig through my unfinished prescriptions and low and behold the Lord blessed me with some antibiotic.  That has helped a lot.  The swelling is down, the pain is nearly gone, but I feel washed out. I need REST.  Being a busy mother with a full schedule sometimes I don't think I know what REST is.  Well, tonight I decided to give up going to my Ladies Bible Study.  Wah!  I so look forward to it, but I have to admit, it feels good staying home to REST.  Yeah, I am going to go do that now.

4 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

well antibotics aren't always the best thing to do anyway :-) drink some tea, take a hot bath and baby your self for a few days.... make sure to take your vitamins and juices too..... get well soon!

sherry said...

bless your heart.
(((gentle hug)))

rest. just. rest.

Sharon said...

Praying you are feeling better soon Becky! Rest is what you need!

Becky said...

Thank you all for your prayers. Sending each one of you a ((hug)).

Outdoor Mom: You being a terrific nurse I really appreciate your comment. I agree, regarding your comment on the antibiotics. I do not generally like taking them, but in this case I believe my body needed extra help. Also, I am a bit touchy with doctors as I had a bad experience with a doctor where he did not take my concerns seriously and I almost died.