Friday, November 19, 2010

Eternal Weight of Glory?

Well, here I am trying to write a post.  We are going to view two houses today with our agent.  You could rightly say that I am a bit burned out on this real estate trek.  The past few weeks have been a struggle.  Things have been going on with our family.  The boys are not keeping up their grades at school, the 12 week grade cards came out and they did not look good (I am saying that nicely).  Can you hear me sighing heavily?  I know this might sound unkind, but my older son has "another" girlfriend.  This is the 10th relationship in a year.  I am a bit worn out on the girlfriend front.  My younger son doesn't want to study and when the subject comes up, well he just changes the subject.

Then comes hubby, he is having trouble working out his emotions about his job, moving, life!  Looking for a home to call our own has brought out a lot of issues for the both of us.  Things really hit the fan when we came across this house that we called The Utah House because it is on Utah Street (pictured below).  Hubby just had to see this house, so we did.  We had a few reservations because it has a partially finished room in the downstairs that we would need to finish and it has some apartments nearby.  We talked and talked about this property.  It has a new furnace, new siding and roof, new windows, perfect garage, great kitchen, laundry on the main floor, and more.  The pros outweighed the cons, it was completely affordable...an awesome deal!


I wanted my hubby to make an offer, he said no, he wanted to wait.  For what I didn't know.  So I waited and we kept talking about it, and then one evening I found out that it went under contract.  I got upset of course.  Through all of these trials I know that the Lord is working an eternal weight of glory.  Of course, sometimes it is hard for my flesh to see that.

1 comment:

outdoor.mom said...

may God Give you grace to deal with all of these things :-)