Sunday, June 27, 2010

Complications Plus Kitten Equals Tired Mom

Where do I begin?  So much has transpired since I last wrote.  With the boys home on summer break I am always busy.  I usually blog in the evening, but lately I have been too tired.  And I have felt that my creative juices are being drained away by stress.  These teen years can be very challenging.  I have been taking refuge in evening walks with Mark and reading the book "Tramp for the Lord" by Corrie Ten Boom.

This past week was especially challenging.  Eric had a big fight with his girlfriend.  It was hard for me to watch and it really disturbed me.  The next thing that happened was that Brandon brought a kitten home.  She is white with blue eyes and a very light touch of orange on her ears and rings of orange on her tail.  I've been calling her Daisy Mae.  It has been nice for me to only have Dusty to take care of; I was not wanting another pet.  Brandon has been wanting a kitten, but we told him NO.  Knowing what a push over I am for animals he took advantage of me.  As I type this Daisy is sleeping in my lap.  Sigh.  Oh, then there was the ordeal of going to court with Brandon due to a citation he received.  (another deep sigh breathed here)


Then to top everything off, we went to counseling and it was not a very good session for us.  I usually speak with the counselor first before the boys go in.  Well, when I was speaking with him I got a strong feeling that he was just not getting it.  We were not connecting, which to me is important.  After speaking with him Brandon went in and I sat in the waiting room and cried.  Once the session was done we went back to the car and the boys began fighting.  Oh how I wanted to just melt away.  Once home I had tons of laundry and sewing to do to get my men ready for summer camp.

Today has been a pleasant day despite some tummy trouble.  We went to two farmer's markets which required a drive through the country.  Then we came home and made fajitas for lunch with the fresh produce I bought.  Everything tasted absolutely divine!  In the late afternoon the boys went to a birthday party which gave Mark and I some alone time.  We enjoyed relaxing to the sound of a summer thunderstorm.  The storm was so cool and refreshing after having two days of heat.  Then we went to dinner and enjoyed eating tiramisu for dessert.

Tomorrow all my men leave for a week of summer camp and I will be all alone with two kitties.  On Thursday Mark will come home for the night.  Then the next day he will drive me out to the camp where I will spend one night at the camp and the next day all of us come home.  Believe me, I am looking forward to my alone time.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh my! You have had some stress going on! I will be praying that things will settle down with the boys. Have they seen the movie called, The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry? It is a wonderful Christian movie about young boys and how they learned to be witnesses for Jesus from a nice old man in the neighborhood.

It's great to have alone time sometimes. You should make it your own private stay-cation and do whatever helps you to relax.