Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pleasant Saturday

Eric has been gone all day with his girlfriend and her family.  There is not much time left as she leaves for Germany on June 9th.

I went to a ladies Bible study in the morning.  I had to read Joshua chapter 8 for the study.  After reading it I wondered what I could learn since it was all about the battle at Ai.  Little did I know that the Lord had a blessing in store for me.  The message is something He has been teaching me over and over lately, but He uses different people and stories to get that same message across.  You see, the children of Israel made the mistake of not consulting the Lord before they tried to take Ai the first time.  They attacked Ai and were defeated.  When they went to the Lord they were told there was sin in the camp.  Once that sin was dealt with the Lord delivered Ai into their hands.  How the battle was won was interesting.  The Lord used the mistake from their first attack to help them win their second attack.  This encouraged me helping me to see once again that even though we make mistakes in our Christian walk, if we turn to the Lord He will use our mistakes for His glory.  I am so in awe of His great love.

After the Bible study Mark, Brandon and I went to the Farmer's Market.  We ran into our neighbor and a family we know from church.  After enjoying the market we went home and made a fabulous lunch.  I am having tummy troubles again, but even so I enjoyed our lunch.  The three of us sat and watched a movie after lunch and then went down to see the car rally that was going on.  We enjoyed looking at all the restored classic cars.  After that we went to dinner and ran into another person from church.  So nice to live in a small town.  After dinner we took a drive and enjoyed the gorgeous sunset.  It was very nice to spend time alone with our Brandon.

Here below are pictures of our time at Belmar Park on Friday:

Here the kids are walking on the path up toward the park.  We came down this path on our way back to the car and this is where I took my tumble.

Once we got over the ridge the park lay below.  Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see the beauty of the park.

This was one of the lakes.  I love how they mirror the sky.

The Canadian Geese were nearly tame here.  They allowed us to get quite close before slipping off into the water.

Here is a picture of the water snake Eric just had to pick up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot you have to live in! The farmer's market trip sounds lovely, as well. I'm grateful to have our very own farmer's market - our garden - out back, although I'm anxious for more things to ripen.
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really beautiful! Lucky you. And I would never pick up a snake like that!!!!!!!

Have a good week! This is our last week of school :)

Caroline