Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Green Pasture

On Sunday I was chatting with a friend at church.  She asked me how I was adjusting to Colorado.  We got to talking and she told me that Sprouts Farmer's Market is in Colorado.  I used to shop at one in California so I got excited.  I went home and looked it up on the computer and found one in Boulder, which is a 20 mile drive in the country from where we live.  So I packed up my car with an ice chest and made the drive.  It was a gorgeous day for a drive, nice and warm too.  I got to Sprouts and immediately felt that touch of home.  I so enjoyed strolling through the store and seeing familiar products.

Here I was naughty and snapped a quick picture of the drive in Boulder.  The scenery is gorgeous and the traffic light.

Here I pulled off to the side of the road and snapped this gorgeous picture of the view.  This is the country drive that I am talking about.

In the evening I made myself a summer salad.  I loaded it with goodies like red grapes, snap peas, feta cheese, bacon bits, onion.  Then I also made some cream cheese banana muffins.  They are so yum!

The Lord treated me to a beautiful sunset out on the back deck.

The sun is almost down in this picture.

After sunset I took a walk and then came home to enjoy some comedy put on by Dusty and Daisy Mae.

FYI:  I decided to try the new templates Blogger is offering.  Different looks will probably appear as I play around with it.  Let me know when you like the look.  Thanks! 

6 comments:

Seawashed said...

I was not happy that Blogger came up with these new templates because I cannot access any changes to the old style...and I like the old style for Sea Cottage. But I did just make a new blog for my Art shop using the new template(because that is the only choice now) and I like it. I like yours too...I actually like this new look of yours better than the old. I think I used this same beige background on mine. Your day sounds perfect and that salad is my kind of salad! Is a Sprouts like Henry's Farmers Markets? A Henry's is coming to my town and I am hoping to get a part-time job there.

Sharon said...

The scenery is so beautiful!! I'm glad to hear you found something familiar to you and only 20 miles! Your salad and muffin looks delicious! Hmmm...I'm thinking...would you share the muffin recipe?

candy said...

i like the blog look...very restful to me.
i love your pics becky!!! beautiful.

love candy

outdoor.mom said...

oh i have missed some good posts! love all your pics and glad you are adjusting well. the market would have been fun. i'm so glad you're finding things like this market. what a blessing!!

Sue said...

I so understand your excitement about a familiar grocery store - that's how I felt the first time I went to Costco over here! I'm glad for you, Becky.

That scenery is so beautiful - very different from anywhere I have lived.

Becky said...

Fairmaiden, I have not been to a Henry's Market, so I do not know if they are similar. I hope you can get a job soon.

Kay, there is a link to the recipe in the post. I apologize, I did not have my link color set properly so you could pick up on that.