Monday, June 14, 2010

Dumpster Diving

Today the boys and I slept most of the morning away.  I have not been feeling my best, especially with all the stress I have been under lately.  Getting some extra sleep was just what I needed.  Anyway, just before lunch we were all up and Brandon's friend from church called saying he wanted to hang out with us.  So after lunch we went and picked up Tyson and drove to the park where we hiked around the lake.  After that I drove Brandon to his orthodontist appointment.  We were a bit early so we sat in the car talking.  All the sudden I noticed a big dumpster across the way with office furniture in it.  A couple of really expensive office chairs were on top.  So the boys went over and pulled the chairs out and they were perfectly fine.  So we put them in our car to bring home.  I am sitting in my comfortable chair as I type this post.  Our old office chairs were falling apart and today the Lord supplied us with nice expensive chairs for free.  All we had to do is humble ourselves to dumpster dive.  Have you ever been dumpster diving?  If so, what treasure did you find?

3 comments:

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

When I lived in the apartments people would simply leave good items "by" they dumpster instead of throwing them in. It became the neighborhood exchange. I would set out the toddler toys the kids had outgrown, someone else would set out a box of clothing, another person would put out kitchen stuff. I have prayed for and gotten an iron and ironing board, new computer screens, a dresser, toys, shirts, and so much more that I am sure I am forgetting. Oh even plants! We all traded stuff all the time this way.

I was just telling the kids, reminding them I suppose, that it is in their interest to pray for things they might need to see how the Lord supplies because He does...He always does. Soon I will be posting about what I have been up to and I cant wait for you to hear Becky. Because you are one of the people who's prayers led me to where I went. Love to you and I do want you to feel better NOW.

Chaos Cottage said...

How awesome is that? You go girl!

Pam

outdoor.mom said...

wow that is so cool!! way to go. wish i'd have been there!! gosh, you could pull a pile of stuff out and sell it...... gosh, i don't even have an office chair. lucky lucky girl!!