Friday, June 11, 2010

Need Prayer

We have been very busy here at House on the Hill and I have been dealing with difficulties. Tomorrow is our first counseling session.  I am a little nervous and a little anxious to get started.  My oldest son Eric is having lots of issues and has been very angry.  His girlfriend returned to Germany on Wednesday this week.  I think the separation is a blessing, even though I have to put up with my son being angry.  Thankfully, he is going to Boy Scout camp this weekend.  In all honesty it will be nice to have a break from him and know that he is with the guys.

My youngest son Brandon is doing better since he is away from school.  The first few days of summer break we had a few issues to work out, but since then we have been getting along.  Today I let Brandon have a friend from church over with strict supervision.  We had some fun hiking to a park.  On the way I waded in the creek while the boys skipped stone.  Once at the park we had some fun and then sat in the shade in the cool grass.  After that we drove back home where we sat on the deck and watched a thunderstorm pass by.  It was a nice relaxing time despite one fight between Eric and Brandon.

This summer is going to be full of challenges for me as a mother.  Some days I get rather discouraged and so does Mark.  This has brought certain challenges between us as a couple. Please pray us as we struggle through these difficult days of being a family.

4 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Praying for you Becky!

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Thank you for sharing Becky. I will remember you in prayer often. My love is with you also. Blessings in Jesus, Cherie

outdoor.mom said...

thinking of you!! i hope the counseling goes well :-) May your sons know Jesus in their hearts and serve Him.

Becky said...

Thank you all very much, I appreciate your kind comments and your prayers.