Saturday, June 5, 2010

Unexpected turns, but hanging in there!

We have been very busy here at House on the Hill.  Tuesday found me washing walls, curtains, etc. to aid in removing the smoke smell from the house.  Our landlord was supposed to have a plumber look at the dishwasher that is malfunctioning, but that fell through.  Sigh.  Wednesday I was supposed to go to lunch with a friend, but that fell through when her sister needed to go to the hospital.  Although disappointed, the Lord knew, because I received a phone call from the high school and needed to pick up Brandon.  As it turned out, a burned up pot and broken collar bone was not a big enough trial.  Brandon has a court date.

Thursday we spent at home, it was the boys' first day of summer vacation.  We did not go anywhere or see anyone.  Because we are having so many issues with the boys I put a call in to a counselor that our family doctor told us is very good.  We have our first appointment on June 11th.  I am happy about this decision as I am looking forward to receiving help.  The other thing that made me happy on this day was we received some good news regarding Eric.  He got accepted into a trade school where he is going to train to become a welder.  Eric is very excited about this opportunity and so are we.  Next year he will go to the trade school in the morning and the high school in the afternoon.  We are very proud of him and hope that he makes the most of this awesome opportunity.

Friday, Eric's girlfriend came over and I took the kids to lunch.  After lunch we went to a new park that we have not been to before.  When I drove by this park during the winter, I thought it was ugly, but I decided to give it a second chance.  I was pleasantly surprised!  We had a wonderful time watching geese, ducks, fish and we even found a water snake.  I took pictures, but I am too tired to download them right now.  And I got my first sunburn of the summer.  On the way back to the car I had an accident where I fell down and smacked my thigh, bruising it.  I scared the kids pretty good, but praise God I was not seriously hurt.  They all gathered around me, one son on each side of me asking me if I was alright.  They both helped me to my feet.  People that saw the accident came and asked if I was alright.  I felt so stupid for falling down.

Even though I was shaken, I drove home and tended to dinner as we were having company.  Eric's girlfriend's mother came for dinner.  I very much enjoyed having her over, she is a very lovely woman.  I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to entertain her, especially since she came all the way from Germany.

3 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Oh my, what a week you have had! Praising the Lord that you are okay. Hang in there.
Pam

sherry said...

So much going on - and all are full and tug at the heart.
I'm praying.

jAne

Sharon said...

I have much to catch up on as we have been busy as well. I hope you are okay after your fall! I can understand how you feel because I've taken falls before and felt so dumb! How exciting to have company from Germany!
I hope the new counselor will be able to help Brandon.