Monday, June 28, 2010

Rest

The Lord has brought me to the green pasture and here HE will restore my soul.  I often think that I need to restore my soul myself, but I suddenly made a connection this morning...HE will do it.  Life has been so tense for so long.  Yesterday at church while worshiping I felt the Holy Spirit upon me and the tears began to flow freely.  He wants to restore my soul, I just have to let go.  Let go of all the troubles, my unbelief, etc.

Colorado has been an adjustment, but the Lord has been softening the feelings of homesickness.  There is a tangled ball of feelings inside of me that only the Lord can help me work out.  I am still learning and growing into what He is trying to teach  me at this point in my life.  I keep remembering the words in that movie in Out of Africa..."I had a farm in Africa."  My words would be "I had a cottage in California."  I miss my cottage, it was dear to me.  The Lord knew that.  Giving up my safe little cottage, parting with treasures, etc. I am stepping into a different way of life.  A life of letting go to receive more of HIM.

Lately, I have been hearing much about the story of Abraham and how he was willing to sacrifice his son Isaac. The word says that Abraham did not even withhold his only son from the Lord.  This is what the Lord is working in my life...that I will not withhold anything from Him.  In this is REST.

3 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Thinking of you and hoping you have a good week. Glad you are not feeling so homesick. God is good!

Pa

Rae said...

Dear heart...your connection is now also mine. How wonderful for you to share that with us. I too always felt it was me to fix my soul, to straighten up and fly right, this brings so much comfort to things I'm having to deal with right now. I will apply this from now on.
So glad to hear you are feeling a little less homesick.
Your friend in Texas,
Rayanne

Sharon said...

Becky, this was so good and I'm happy to know that you are feeling less homesick. The Lord is SO GOOD!!!