Monday, July 19, 2010

Been Thinking


Ever since Mark and I drove up Lookout Mountain to look down on the city lights, I have been thinking about where the Lord has chosen for us to live.  It amazes me what He has done.  Even so, my mind has thoughts of California running through it daily.  I suppose it will be that way for quite awhile yet.  I listened to the song "This is Home" by the band Switchfoot.  I picked up on these words:

I've got my memories
Always inside of me
But I cant go back, back to how it was.

I believe now

Ive come too far
No I cant go back, back to how it was.


Recently, I took a peek at my old blog "The Little Blue Cottage".  I did not look too long or else I would have started to cry.  However, taking that small peek made me realize that I am moving on.  It also made me realize as in the words of the song that I can't go back to how it was, but I do have my memories always inside of me.  Although, I am not ready to call Colorado home, I am sure that when I go back to California for a visit things will become clearer.  For now I continue to wait on the Lord and learn to be content with where He has placed me.  As long as I am with Him, I am home.

4 comments:

sherry said...

lovely, through and through.

~*(~*( hug )*~)*~

candy said...

wow becky thats a huge step hey! thats wonderful!

smiles,
candy :):)

outdoor.mom said...

glad you're finding peace :-) May God overwhelm you with His goodness this weekend!!

Seawashed said...

When we moved to Kansas/Missouri I called it home...because it became home for me too. But I was homesick for the west coast the entire time. In returning I knew California was my home(here on earth) without a doubt, both my hubby and I did, and knew we would never leave again. Missouri is called the 'show me state' and we felt it did just that...showed us we belong in Cali. We were then able to enter His promised peace.

You may end up back here. Your heartache and homesickness is real and there is a purpose for even it. It all matters to God...He created us to love deeply and with devotion. He wants us to live lives of depth, not surface, even if it hurts.