Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thoughts

I am not quite sure what is going on with me these days, but I have not been inspired to blog.  Not because I haven't anything going on, because I do.  And not because I do not have any thoughts, because I have those too.  Somehow the two are not coming together when I decide to write.

I have been reading a book by Corrie Ten Boom titled "Tramp for the Lord".  I highly recommend this book.  The book is a collection of short stories about Corrie's travels as a missionary.  Corrie traveled the world for over 20 years and never really had a place to call home.  In her travels she relied completely on the Lord and He never ceased to provide for her needs and the needs of those around her.  Reading this book has encouraged me.  In these times of economic depression the Lord has been pulling at my heart strings drawing me ever closer to Him.  Recently I read these words in an on-line article:

"God desires for His children to repent from the spirit of materialism and placing their hope in possessions.  The Lord's desire for His people is to stop serving Him in a half-hearted manner. He longs for His people to thirst and hunger for righteousness and not for ease and comfort. God continuously calls us to Himself."

This is exactly what the Lord is working in me.  This morning at church our pastor spoke about the holiness of our Lord which I think is not spoken of enough.  He also spoke on the Lord's concern for us and His desire to provide for us.  He wants us to look to Him and receive from Him.  In the Psalms it says that the Lord is pleased with those that reverence Him and expect Him to be loving and kind.  Therefore beloved, let us be completely mindful that this world is not our home, that our real home is with Him.  May our hearts be filled with worship as we reflect on His holiness, His care, His concern, and His love.

3 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

I haven't felt to much like blogging either. I think it is because it is summertime. Also, we have had AC issues and when I am hot, I don't feel like doing much of anything.

I have read several of Corrie's books. They are truly inspirational.

God cares for you!

Pam

outdoor.mom said...

sounds like you are growing spiritually :-) blogging comes in seasons and its a busy one for us all this time of year!! enjoy the beautiful fresh mountain air :-) consequently - great mountain goat and nature pics!!

candy said...

hi becky
this is a nice post

candy


ps i added your blog to my sidebar if thats ok with you