Sunday, July 18, 2010

Much Needed Break

Friday the boys and I met with their counselor.  It was another hard session.  I am not really sure where things are going.  I am waiting on the Lord to show me what to do next.  I also plan to consult my counselor regarding what just happened. 

Friday evening both boys left for Boy Scout camp.  The troop is camping at The Great Sand Dunes.  The boys should have fun.  While the boys are away Mark and I are getting a much needed break from parenting.  Since our 27th wedding anniversary is this month, we decided to take the opportunity to go out to a special dinner.  We went to a restaurant call "The Fort".  It is a big adobe building that serves game. We ordered a sampler plate with buffalo, elk and quail.  It was delicious!  The atmosphere at "The Fort" was pleasant, the service excellent and the music soothing.  We had a wonderful time!  Afterward we went to the movie theater and saw "Letters to Juliet".  It was a sweet movie for a romantic evening, but the story line was predictable.  Even so, I enjoyed all the scenes in Italy and the beautiful decor.  In one scene they had a beautiful venetian mirror.  In another scene the bedroom that the heroine had was gorgeous...pale aqua walls with flowers painted on them and a crystal vase with roses.  The morale of the story?  True love never dies.

Mark and I walked out of the movie hand in hand.  We drove up Lookout Mountain and parked for a bit.  Together we gazed at the moon and the city below.  Thinking about it, we have never spent an anniversary away from the ocean.  This is our first one without our beautiful Pacific ocean to enjoy.  I miss it, but at least we still have the moon.

2 comments:

candy said...

its always so nice to read about anniversarys... happy anniversary to you both and may God continue to bless you.
sounds like you had a nice time.


candy :)

Chaos Cottage said...

I loved your line "we still have the moon." How romantic!

Pam