Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quiet Week

So far this week has been fairly quiet.  We have not had anyone over and are resting.  On Monday Brandon went door to door in our neighborhood asking neighbors if they would like to hire him to mow their lawn.  He got three customers and then a 4th one today.  I am so proud of him!  Eric is continuing with his volunteer job at the bike shop rebuilding and repairing bikes for charity.

Today I went to visit a counselor from our church.  We clicked, so I am going to keep seeing her.  I am so blessed that the Lord sent me someone to coach me through these difficult teen years.  It is especially helpful since I left my support system back in California.  Just being able to have someone to listen to me and point me in the right direction is great.  Tomorrow we visit the boys' counselor.  I am not sure how long we will continue with him.  I am trying to get up the courage to discuss some issues we have.  We will see how it goes.

It has been hot here in Colorado.  Yesterday we finally were able to go swimming at the local recreation center here in town.  We all had a wonderful time.  While we were swimming a thunderstorm moved through and finally cooled everything down.  That is one thing that I am enjoying about the hot weather in Colorado, the thunderstorms.  Although natives tell us that there will come a time of unrelenting heat that may last for a week or two.  Not looking forward to that.

5 comments:

sherry said...

Thankful for all you've shared, Becky. :o) Curious as to summer temperatures in your area of Colorado...

candy said...

thats all wonderful becky


i have good news also. went to ER tonite about my migraines and had all the test, bloodwork and cat scan and alll good results..praise God, i feel so blessed and happy and thankful and am rejoicing! God is good.

ps
not sure if u got my email but thank you so much for the card u sent in the mail. it was a blessing to me. love candy xo

Sharon said...

Becky, I'm so glad you have found a counselor that can help you. The Lord is so good to lead us to the people we need in our lives. :)

outdoor.mom said...

its great your boys are occuiped and motivated :-) i love to swim!!

Heather said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. . .it's nice to hear from you! :)

Speaking of storms in the mountains, I was at my sister's one year and from her house on the hill, we watched a storm come over the valley and toward us. It was amazing!