Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Arrivals

This week is busy for me as I am entertaining a guest from California, my sons' friend Austin.  I have known this boy since he was in first grade.  I am so happy to have him here and I am enjoying his company very much.  However, his arrival yesterday made all of us keenly aware of how much we miss our old home.  Eric put it plainly to Austin, "I am stowing away in your luggage when you go home."

Yesterday we took a trip up to Mt. Evans to show Austin the beauty of Colorado.  This time we got to see the wild mountain goats!


Last time we were at Mt. Evans there was quite a bit of snow.  A month later the snow has melted and we were able to enjoy a warmer visit to this awesome place.

Eric on top of Mt. Evans

 This is Summit Lake which was frozen in late May.

Also, I want to announce that we have a new addition to our family.  About two weeks ago, Brandon brought home a kitten.  I was not desiring another pet as I was quite content with having just Dusty.  Especially since I had been through so much heartache with losing two pets very close together before we moved to Colorado.  However, the Lord has seen otherwise and He delivered a kitten into our home.  It is funny because I had dreamed of one day owning a white cat and the kitten is white with blue eyes and a blush of orange on her nose, ears and rings of orange blush on her tail.  We have named her Daisy Mae.

4 comments:

Seawashed said...

Daisy Mae is so cute! She can be friends with Lily Monet. As much as you miss California you look like you belong in those mountains. And you don't know a big earthquake could hit L.A and then you will be thankful the Lord took you to a safe place.

Sharon said...

Oh Becky! She is SO CUTE!!! (And I'm not even a cat person) ;-) I love the name you gave her!! Looks like she is going to give you lots of fun and entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm a total animal softy, and I just *love* Daisy Mae. I'm sure you'll be bonded with her quick as a wink :)
And I know it's easier said by me since it's not me going through it, but I'm just struck over and over by the beauty of your surroundings. Indiana has nothing like those views!!

candy said...

lovely pics and cute kitty