Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Walking

Unfortunately we have had more drama develop here at House on the Hill.  We are not out of the valley yet so please keep us in prayer.  Even professionals are stumped.  We are continuing counseling, but going to seek other professional help in hopes that things will get better.  It has been a hard road and I continue to seek solace in the comfort of God's glory here in Colorado.  One evening we witnessed a double rainbow after a thunderstorm.  That same evening we saw a fox in the open space across the street from House on the Hill.  Be sure to click on the pictures to see more detail.



Here below are pictures from my walks at my beloved Crown Hill Park.  The beauty of the prairie has been repairing my soul.

The prairie grasses and blue sky with cottonwood trees in the distance.

An old cottonwood tree.

Wildflowers blooming on the prairie with a bumblebee about his business.

The lake mirroring the sky.

Cattails growing along the banks of the lake.

An array of wildflowers blooming near the lake as a thunderstorm moves in.

3 comments:

Seawashed said...

It is good to be out in the quiet and beauty of nature. The LORD tells us to lay down in the green pastures beside the still waters to restore our soul. Keep going and laying it all down.

Sharon said...

Keeping you in my prayers! Thank you for sharing the pics! They are beautiful!

Cindy said...

I was led to your blog by a search, using Psalms 143:8. "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you". After reading a few of your posts I recognized the same "homesickness" I have dealt with since leaving our home in Idaho and moving to Michigan, 5 years ago. I still miss my home, and contentment comes and goes too often. I also have no linen closet and so many things that drive me crazy about this place. Thank you for the encouraging verses and reminders, this world is not our home. I really do enjoy your pictures especially the mountains!!I will be praying for you and your family.