Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Around the house...

My bed this morning.

My night table with my cup of tea.  I tuck myself into bed and start my morning with a cup tea.

This is downstairs in the living room. Eric placed these signs over the fireplace on the rocks that stick out.  I like it.  I did not show the fireplace because the owner has this ugly gas fireplace insert in there.  And we stuck cardboard on the sides because our kitty liked sitting in the real fireplace behind the insert.

Cozy reading nook by the fireplace.
The painting on the wall was done by my mother.

This is the kitchen.  It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but the cabinets are a little beat up.  And the stainless steel sink is shallow making it difficult to wash dishes.  I miss the custom kitchen that I had in California, but life is not about having a perfect kitchen.

The buffet in the dining room.  The flowers are from my dear husband.  I hope you enjoyed the little tour.

3 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Thanks for the peek inside your home. I need to do this sometime soon too.

Pam

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Morning to you Becky. I hope that you are feeling better. I enjoyed seeing you taking steps to make the house on the hill the "home" on the hill. Strange how your traffic feed always throws me over in Fountain Colorado when I am more near to Monument/Black Forest. Blessings to you Becky, Cherie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for this post - it's neat to see the inside of your place! I am amazed at all the personal touches you've added in just the short time you've lived there. I think you have a special gift for creating cozy spaces.