Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend in Review


Friday I got a call from my friend Cindy.  She had invited a friend to an English tea, but that friend could not come, could I?  Well, after a few phone calls it turned out I could go, I was thrilled.  Saturday I dressed up in a skirt, high heels and pearls and drove over to Cindy's.  Thank the Lord the weather was gorgeous!  From there we went and picked up Rosemary.  We drove quite a distance to Franz's house.  Franz lives in a very cute little cottage type house, perfect to host a tea.  Charming ladies showed up in their dresses and hats and we gathered around tables sipping tea from china tea cups, chatting and nibbling on finger sandwiches, lemon tarts, scones, etc.  Then Rosemary got up and sang a song called An English Country Garden as she strummed her guitar.  She was a delight to us all.  On the way out we enjoyed watching a bunny hop around Franz's front yard amongst the green grass and spring flowers and marveled at the snow capped mountains in the distance.

After the tea I swung by the house, picked up my men and we went and met our friends at the local pizza place here in town.  After dinner our friends came over to our house and we spent time chatting.  The next morning Mark and Eric woke up sick, so they stayed home while Brandon and I went to church.  I had a good time worshiping and fellowshiping.  The rest of the day was spent on domestic duties and I managed a short nap with my Dusty kitty sleeping on top of me.

5 comments:

peggy anne said...

dear becky,
i am new to blogging. sometime ago i found your blog and being that our oldest daughter and her husband live in colorado i wanted to stay and read about your experiences. i too am a christian, married to my wonderful husband, a mother, a grandmother and have a permanent disability...we share many things in common. your words of encouragement, and the sharing of your day has brightened many a day for me. i am especially fond of teatime...this is something that i would share each day when our daughters came home from school and they would share their day with me...to this day when we all are together we celebrate teatime. your lovely tea with friends was again a bright spot in my day and i wanted to thank you for being so transparent and vulnerable.
yours truly,
peggy anne

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

How on earth did you get wonderful weather Becky? ha. We had a major snow storm here Friday and into Saturday. It was so bad that my daughters prom was canceled! I am glad that you had a wonderful time dear. Have more days such as this. Blessings to you this week, Cherie

Chaos Cottage said...

Cat naps with a cat are the best kind!

Seawashed said...

I too hope your boys won't have to go to the alternative school. Keep praying...is returning to homeschooling an option?

You sure are making friends fast. In the 18 mos. we lived in the midwest we made few friends and felt very alone. You are blessed.

Becky said...

Fairmaiden, thank you for your comment, I have missed you. In response to your question about homeschooling, I am going to try and get some information from a woman at my church. She knows of a homeschooling group through a church in the area. On top of that, neither boy wants to go back to homeschooling (I don't know why). Also, there they can take classes on-line through the public school system. My husband wants to try that route and we are going to a meeting about it in May.