Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring has sprung!

This crocus bloomed a while ago.  It was the first flower to bloom here at House on the Hill.

This is the second flower to bloom.  It is blooming right now.  We have started gardening at House on the Hill and we have our work cut out for us.  The yard has not been well maintained through past years of renters.

Mark took this picture of a falcon that landed in the pine tree on the property.  He flies around our neighborhood everyday.

In other news, my tummy has slowly calmed down.  I spoke with my endo doctor and we think it might have been a shift in scar tissue.  Also, have been taking the anti-estrogen med and that seems to have helped in some ways.  It is definitely hard to figure out what is going on.  Decided to wait on the surgery option.  Want to see if this latest event reaps any benefit.  So far today my tummy has been digesting well.  It is always nice to be able to eat without pain.

Today I hiked with a friend from Bible study group.  She is a very sweet girl who is soon to be married.  We hiked to the top of the mesa.  It was so windy that I almost blew away.  On the way down we heard a rattlesnake in one of the bushes.  Eek!!  After our hike Nat took me to her little house and made lunch for me.  Her roommate was there and the three of us had lunch together and a nice chat.  It was a real blessing from the Lord. 

3 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. We've had spring here for a while with temps in the 80's.
Pam

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

And Thank You Jesus! Thank you so much for Spring. Whew.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Well I was certain I had stopped by and said hello and that it was on this post even. I must have done something wrong. Sigh. Anyways, I am back because you are on my mind tonight. You are loved Becky. Please let me know if you need prayer in other areas besides the one that we are seasoning together for you. Hugs!