Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A weekend drive...

Even though I was sick and did not attend church, Mark took me for a drive on Sunday.  Always nice to get out and see God's creation.  These are some pictures I took on our scenic tour.

 Here we are stopped along Highway 6 where a creek flows right next to the highway.  The boys are throwing rocks at the creek below.

This is the little mountain town of Idaho Springs.  I forgot the name of this street, but it is the main street in town with quaint little shops.  I noticed a soap shop with bubbles floating out the door.  I had to stop and I bought a bar of lavender soap.  Oh, it smells so good.  Then we walked into JMR Coffee where the boys and me got an Izze soda pop and Mark got a coffee of course.

Mark wanted to drive further.  So we drove up Interstate 70 to the mountain town of Georgetown.  This town had many old victorian style houses with the gingerbread trim (not pictured here).  In this shot I was trying to get the beauty of the mountains and the sky.  It was gorgeous. 

Driving through Georgetown, I spotted this old red building.  It seemed a picture waiting to happen.  After our drive through town we headed back home.

Where we were treated to a beautiful sunset.  I am getting more used to life here in Colorado, but I still miss California sunsets.

2 comments:

sherry said...

what a sweet treat on a sunday.
a sunday drive. :o)
lovely.

blessings,
jAne * tickleberry farm

Becky said...

Dearest Jane, thank you so much for your sweet comments, you do no know how much they mean to me at this time. God is using your sweet spirit to help me through. Bless you!