Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This & That

Outside the wind is blowing.  It has been blowing all day.  It makes the house creak when it blows hard.  I enjoy cool soft breezes, but wind is not my favorite.  Today I made red beans & rice.  Cooked those beans all day.  I also baked a buttermilk pie, which came out very tasty.

Mark stayed home from work because he has that virus I had last week.  The boys were also home today.  The juniors had a special testing day today, so the lower grades did not have to attend school.  Eric spent the day at his girlfriend's home and then brought her to our home for dinner.

I saw my family practice doctor this week.  Got my mammogram done, whew!  The tech that did the scan told me she goes to the same doctor as me.  We also got to talking about our sons and how we struggle getting them to do homework.  I really enjoyed talking with her.  Back to health issues, I am still struggling with my tummy and digestion. Sometimes it is so uncomfortable and I get down in the dumps.  I am still seeking the Lord for direction on whether I should go forward with surgery.

I am still having bouts of homesickness.  On May 3rd it will be 3 months since moving.  My in-laws think that I should go to California for a visit, they say that will help, but I am not sure that is what God wants me to do.  Two of my doctors want me to get into the new psychology stuff that is supposed to help stress, pain, sleep, etc.  I am not too keen on that idea because of my faith in Jesus.  One of the programs gets into meditation and Buddhism.  The other program is just psychology stuff.  Does anyone have any advice on this? 

We went to an orientation at an alternate high school for the boys.  That high school was pretty creepy.  Eric signed up for one of the programs they offer.  It is my hope that seeing this school will motivate both boys to appreciate what they have at the school they are going to and apply themselves more diligently to their studies.

I am leaving for the women's retreat with our church on Friday.  Hoping and praying that I have a good time.  I will tell you all about it when I get back.  I leave you with a picture of me and Kelly at the English tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... I think I'd have to steer clear of the Buddhism one. The other one I don't know - does it look good? Is there anyone you could talk to who has taken it, just to get a feel for whether it was helpful to them?