Friday, September 24, 2010

I Love Lemon!

Here is a picture of a lemon from California.  My sister took me took a park that my niece calls Lemon Tree Park.  In the park they have many lemon trees planted as the area was once filled with citrus farms.  My niece went from tree to tree looking for lemons and she gave me this one.  I packed it in my suitcase and brought it home.  Next to my lemon is a cute tea cup from Corelle's Thymeless Herb dishware collection.  I thought they looked good together.


Pictured here is a lemon cake I baked this afternoon.  As you can see it sunk in the middle.  That is what happens when one does not follow the directions for high altitude baking.  Ugh!  I always forget that I am living a mile high now.  The elevation here is 5,674.  No matter, Brandon says he will eat the middle.

This is the soap I am using in my bathroom right now.  Lemon soap by C.O. Bigelow from Bath & Body Works.  I also have the lotion to match.  They both smell wonderful.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Pretty post!
I too love lemons, the smell just makes me happy! I'm sure...after you made that lemon cake your whole house smelled "happy".
Blessings ,friend.

outdoor.mom said...

I Love your pics from the last few posts. I like Lemon. I love that pic of you on the sidebar in the rocks :-) Cool new blog header too!! You are a lovely blogger!! Glad things seem to be going better. I will put in a prayer for your hubby!

Seawashed said...

I love lemons too. I was so sad when our three yr. old lemon tree died in the frost of winter. I've tried to grow lemon trees several times with no success yet. I did buy that Bigalow soap in lavender at Target. I was so excited that they are carrying Bigelow now!!!