Tuesday, May 11, 2010

California Dreaming

Lately I have been dreaming of the Pacific Ocean along the lovely California coastline.  I have also been dreaming of sitting in the sunshine at my favorite little French cafe, or shopping in my favorite stores.  I remember having lunch with my friends, working in my garden, sipping tea in my cozy dining room.  I miss being able to visit Color Me Mine and paint.  Thinking of all the things I left behind is heartbreaking, but here in Colorado I feel closer to the glory of God's creation.  I do not feel the pull of materialism so strongly here which is a good thing.  Even so, I still feel like I belong in California.

While at the ladies retreat with our church, the Lord overheard my conversation with some gals.  I told them I sometimes wonder why the Lord uprooted me.  Amazingly, the next day the Lord spoke to me through my devotional time.  There was the answer right on the page.  Here is what it said (I've embellished it a bit to make it more personal):

"Becky, I uprooted you to relocate the roots of your joy in MY grace rather than in your goods, MY mercy rather than in your money, in MY worth rather than in your wealth."

Well, that says it all doesn't it?  And that is exactly what this move has been about for me.  We are so easily attached to things, and we attach security to "things".  Jesus encourages us to store up for ourselves treasure in heaven.  He said that where our treasure resides that is where our heart will be.  Do you think that Jesus wants us to make HIM our treasure?  I think so.  The banner verse chosen for our retreat was John 15:11 which says:  "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."  Jesus is the capstone of real joy, because of Him we receive forgiveness of sin.  That is true joy isn't it?

4 comments:

sherry said...

nothing short of awe-inspiring. truly. the Lord's so good, isn't He? in His time all is understood, and in such an amazing way.

~*(~*( hug )*~)*~

jAne

candy said...

What a beautiful post and beautiful photo of you.

Thanks you for your kind words the other day on my blog when I was sick.


Hugs,
candy :)

Sharon said...

What a beautiful post, Becky! I'm so glad the Lord spoke to your heart about what He wants you to learn from this move. He is so Gracious and Loving!

outdoor.mom said...

what a wonderful Word from the Lord :-) When we came here 10 years ago, i felt like my home was in MN, but over time i have come to love it here. Part of my heart is always there because my family is there and its where i was raised, but a big part of my heart is here too. Even a fraction in India.
We moved back there (MN) for a year because i thought it was God's plan, but it was more me. I loved it, but my family was so so unhappy. Everytime we came back here (MT), we felt such peace. When we moved back here again, it was for sure God's plan.
Sounds confusing, but home is in God's peace. Where He sends us is always a place for peace, peace of mind, love, unity and growth. Out of His plan always brings hardships. Praise God you're in His perfect place!