Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sweet Things

Lilacs in May, oh how heavenly they are!  I took an evening walk with a pair of scissors in my pocket so I could snip flowers to make a beautiful arrangement.  Spring walks are delightful.

Here is Dusty kitty smelling the lilacs.  She has never smelled lilacs before.  They are intoxicating.

Mark drove me out to Idaho Springs.  We had fun walking down Miner Street.  We popped into an antique shop and found this side table for $25.  It needs a wee bit of TLC, but in good condition.  I am thinking of painting it white.

Tomorrow I am going to lunch with some ladies in the neighborhood.  So blessed that my tummy has finally calmed down.  Still have some leftovers from the last virus I caught, but overall, feeling pretty good.

3 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

I LOVE lilacs!

Chaos Cottage said...

Oh how I love lilacs. I don't have any here. Grew up with a back yard full of 'em. I miss them.

Thank you Becky for your sweet thoughts on my blog.

Keep on pressin' on!

Pam

Sharon said...

Lilacs are beautiful and I tried growing a bush here, but it died. :( It started having a lot of mold or something on the leaves and I sprayed it and it didn't help. Finally had to give it up.
Your table is so pretty and will be pretty painted white too!