Friday, May 28, 2010

Rough Week - Beautiful Evening

It has been a rough week here at House on the Hill.  We have been experiencing various issues with our sons.  Thursday things got ugly around here.  Disappointment and hurt feelings have been part of the package.  Even so Mark and I stood outside in the cool evening and enjoyed the beauty of a full moon.  Somehow the moon seems bigger and closer here.

 

Alas, this afternoon things got ugly again when I ran into one of  the boys' teachers and found out some information I was not pleased to hear.  Once the boys were home another battle ensued, but ended better than on Thursday.  On top of all this, my family back in California has not been supportive.  Thankfully, the Lord has sent a few friends to come along side me at this time, which I am very thankful for!!

Despite all that went on during the week, the Lord gave Mark and I a beautiful evening.  There are many bike paths around the area that we live.  The past two days have been like summer so the evenings have been very comfortable.  We rode our bikes along Clear Creek enjoying the beauty of the trail.  Afterward, we went to a burger joint called Smash Burger.  Mark and I shared a wedge salad, a BBQ burger and sweet potato fries.  It was so good!  And thankfully my tummy has been behaving itself so I could enjoy the meal.  Praise God!!

After dinner, we drove to another part of the long bike path along Clear Creek and we walked.  We walked toward the mountains hand in hand with water on either side of us.  We saw a number of Canadian geese with their goslings and little white tailed bunnies.

 Then we drove home as the sun was setting in the mountains.  When we arrived at House on the Hill we were treated to the full beauty of the setting sun.



I am so thankful to the Lord for our beautiful evening with my beloved.

My beloved in front of House on the Hill.

4 comments:

Seawashed said...

It is good to draw near to your partner in difficult times and to take those moments like walks, bike rides, breakfast together at the nearest cafe...these teen years are tough but they too will pass. Take time to be with your hubby and get away from your boys for a moment of refreshment. My hubby and I have learned to do that and it helps. Afterall it will be just me and him when they all grow up and leave. It is important that we stay close through these trying teen years.

sherry said...

lovely.

jAne

Chaos Cottage said...

This too shall pass.

Pam

outdoor.mom said...

F R O G (Fully Rely On God)

beautiful pics :-)