Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Love the Bath!

How do you feel about your bathroom?  Is it a place of escape for you?  Do your bath products make you feel like a lady?  What is your favorite scent?  Personally, the bathroom is a place of escape for me.  Yes, I admit I am a bathroom lover.  When I lived at the Little Blue Cottage we had one full bath.  Sharing a bathroom with 3 men for 14 years was a bit irritating at times.  I usually had to do some tidying up before I took my nightly oasis soak.  You probably can understand why I used to dream of having my own bathroom.  And guess what?  The Lord knew my dream too!


Here at House on the Hill we have three bathrooms!  And guess what?  I have my very own bathroom and a newly remodeled one at that!!! (pictured above)  My bathroom is next to my bedroom and is the only one in the house that has a tub/shower combo perfect for my nightly oasis soaks.  The other thing I love is bath products.  Right now I am into lavender.  A while ago we took a trip to Idaho Springs where I visited a soap shop called The Soap Shop.  This little shop has naturally handmade soaps full of moisturizers and scented with essential oils.  The soaps smell absolutely divine!  And they do not leave your skin feeling dry after bathing.

 
Here is a bar of lavender soap in my Shabby Chic hobnail soap dish from The Soap Shop.  Colorado has a more arid climate than I am used to so lotion is a necessity.  I like to match the scent of my lotion to the soap I am using.  The layering of scents helps me smell good longer and gives me that feminine boost I need living with three men.  Now it is your turn to share!

4 comments:

sherry said...

you have your *own* bathroom ?!

thud.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Yeah, Becky is BACK! Love you girl!

outdoor.mom said...

oh just lovely! i can almost smell the pretty lavander and imagine the tranquility of your bathroom!

Sharon said...

How wonderful to have a bathroom all to yourself!!! The lavender soap and lotions look lovely and I can almost smell them! :)