Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Princesses Aren't Perfect

I have been struggling lately and tonight the Lord introduced me to Sheri Rose Shepherd.  Below is a sample of her writings.

"Even if godly people fall down seven times, they always get up.  I know how hard it is to think of ourselves as royalty. Each of us know our weaknesses and imperfections all too well!  So let me take the pressure off you: No man or woman in the Bible or in Christian history, nor any believer who did something great to further God’s Kingdom, lived a perfect life. Our God can and will take whatever we have experienced or done; good or bad and use it for His glory. He is waiting to turn our failures, our difficult circumstances, our pain and whatever this
life brings into something significant that will further His Kingdom. My prayer for you to trade all the lies you believe about your selves for truth knowing you are who God says you are “His Princess” and that your Daddy in Heaven will do for you and through you all that is promised in His Word."  ~Sheri Rose Shepherd

Isn't this encouraging?  It was like a breath of fresh air to me, exactly what I needed right now.  Otherwise I am not doing anything glamorous, unless laundry and ironing could be considered glamorous.  In reality I think doing laundry is pure simplicity. I have also been clipping coupons and looking through the ads at the local markets snatching up bargains to be had.

This is the last full week of school for the boys.  I am leaving the outcome of their grades in the Lord's hands.  Monday it was very windy here so I stayed home except to take my kitty to the vet.  Tuesday I slipped away from my household duties and went out exploring.  I drove down country roads and enjoyed the beauty of spring.  I am getting better at finding my way around which gives me a boost in confidence.

2 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

i heard some of Sheri Rose Shepherd. They were really good tapes :-) Very encouraging. Have a super great week!!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of her, but thanks for sharing - that *was* encouraging! I hope it makes you feel better to know that *you* encourage me. Your sweet way, comments, and persistence despite your health challenges and other difficulties (big moves, etc) always make me feel that I, too, can keep on going. Blessings to you today!

Oh, and off-topic: yes, I loved when the Carol Burnett characters would become amused at each other. I need to add that to the post :)