Monday, May 10, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

My Mother's Day was pretty special.  My sons cooked me an awesome breakfast.  Eric made me an omelet and Brandon baked me some banana nut muffins.  Everything was delicious!  Then we went to church where they were handing out long stem roses to mothers.  After that, Mark took me to Cold Stone where mothers got free ice cream, I had cheesecake ice cream with strawberries.  Then we were off on a drive in the mountains.  We first went to Evergreen and walked around the lake there.  Then we stopped at Lair O' the Bear Park off Highway 74 (pictured above).  In the evening Mark took me downtown (in Golden) and we ate at The Sherpa House which serves Tibetan and Indian cuisine.  I had an absolute wonderful day despite my nagging stomach pain.

On Saturday I was invited to join a Bible study group with some very special ladies from our church.  I am so blessed to be apart of their group.  After Bible study I was able to get in a bit of shopping.  In the evening we had Eric's girlfriend over for dinner.  I had an Italian dinner with my famous Panna Cotta for dessert.  We watched the movie "Bright Star" which I thought was perfect for our teen sweethearts, because in June Eric's girlfriend will be leaving to go home to Germany.  We will all miss her very much because she is such a sweet girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Caroline, Susan's daughter (yes I'm a girl in a white dress...) and I'm glad that you had a good mother's day!! My birthday was on mother's day :) I love ColdStone too.

Caroline

Becky said...

Hello Caroline! Thank you so much for stopping by. ((hug)) Tell your Mom I said hello, she is terrific and so are you!