Monday, May 17, 2010

Lilac Sachet!

I made a lilac sachet today.  One of the branches of lilacs I picked over the weekend was wilted a bit.  Realizing that the blooms were still fragrant I cut them off the branch and then put them in this little organza bag.  I also found out that there are such a thing as white lilacs and they are growing here at House on the Hill.

Today was a beautiful day.  I first drove to the post office and mailed packages.  Then I went to Tuesday Morning and browsed around.  I found kitchen towel sets, one set in Robin's Egg Blue (love that color).  Then I went home and I met my neighbors for lunch.  There were 4 of us all together.  We went downtown and ate at the Golden Hotel next to Clear Creek.  We sat on the patio and had a wonderful time chatting.  And what a beautiful setting we were in too.  The creek is full and flowing and the mountains are all clothed in green.  The sky is so blue with big puffy cotton ball clouds.  Sometimes I can hardly believe I am living in such gorgeous beauty.  Anyway, I got to hear stories about what has gone on in our neighborhood and stories of what has gone on in the house we are renting.  All I can say is "my goodness"!  ;-)