Friday, May 7, 2010

Dreamy Evening

Both of our boys went out with friends this evening so Mark and I had time to ourselves.  Eric got picked up and then I dropped Brandon off at his friend's house.  Afterward I stopped by a Danish bakery and picked up some goodies.  A loaf of Swedish Limpa bread which we always would get when we went to Solvang in California.  And I picked out two pastries for dessert.  I then went to the market and picked up some fish, petite red potatoes and some green peas.  Mark and I fixed our Danish dinner together and then sat down to enjoy our delicious meal.  We cleaned up and then went for a glorious evening walk in our neighborhood.  We marveled at all the green on the hills, the blooming trees in white and various shades of pink, the Robins with their red breast and I even found a piece of a Robin's egg!  (So love the color of a Robin's egg.)  On our way home we befriended a small black cat and chatted with a neighbor.  Once home Mark put my tea kettle on the stove and made me a cup of tea, then we ate our pastries.  It was a romantic evening for us and I am so thankful to the Lord!!  Below are some pictures from our evening walk.

This is the neighborhood we live in and one of the streets we like walking down.

This is across the street from us.  Spring in all its glory.

Pretty pink sunset over the distant mountains.

3 comments:

peggy anne said...

lovely pictures:)
yours truly,
peggy anne

Sharon said...

Such beautiful scenery you have! Sounds like a lovely and peaceful evening.

Have a great Mother's Day, Becky!

outdoor.mom said...

what a beautiful place to live! what a wonderful night together :-)