Saturday, March 6, 2010

Amazing Day

Well, this morning I had breakfast alone with Mark while the boys slept.  Afterward we went and sat on our back deck and enjoyed the mountain view.  Then I got ready to meet two new friends from church at Starbucks in downtown Golden.  It was a gorgeous morning and we sat outside and chatted while we ate and drank.  The fresh air was just what I needed because I felt my lung loosened up. Hoping it stays that way.



This is a picture Brandon took of the Mesa above the House on the Hill.  He hiked up to the top of this while I was visiting with my new girlfriends.  I was greeted by Brandon as I stepped out of the car.  Actually, he was up on top of the Mesa and from all the way up there I could hear him say "Hi Mom!"  He went up there all by himself and he brought me back pieces of skeleton (deer I think).  He also took this picture from the top.


After lunch we decided to take a drive and explore the area.  When we came here in December last year to look for a place to live, Mark found out about a bakery called Taste of Denmark.  Well we went to where it was supposed to be, but it had moved.  Amazingly, today we found it when we were looking for something else!  It was like a gift from the Lord.  We pulled in and we all went in and oogled at the goodies.  We ended up buying a kringler and pulled pieces off.  It was so good!  Then we drove home and we noticed all the walking and biking paths in our area.  As we drove closer to the mesa which the House on the Hill sits under, I realized what an awesome place we are living in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, my mouth is watering now thinking of the kringler ... and yes, what views... I can't imagine seeing that every day. I love the midwest, but we don't have stunning scenery. I hope you keep feeling better and better!